Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This Graduation Project is Driving Me up a Wall

To answer a few questions, and probably stir up a few more, I never trashed the photography idea. I just had no way to make it involved. I honestly don't even know where this fairy tale idea came from, but just the thought of that and how those kinds of stories are usually illustrated made me think that that was a way to make photography involved.

With fairy tales being limited, I don't see how that could possibly be when there are so many different fairy tales and so many different ways to tell them. I plan on taking one, one that I really know and really love, and modernizing it. It goes along with one of my life goals, to become a published author.

To answer another question off of that last little bit; I do intend to try to get it published. Try is my key word there.

The project, I guess, could be about what it takes to be a published author but then again, why does it even have to be about something? Why can't it just be about something we feel passionate about?

That's all I have to offer for that.

I was told not to roll out the photography idea now so now I'm kind of back to square one where I don't know what to do. I mean I have to talk to Ms. Moye about what I could do with photography but other than that, I have nothing with that.

2 comments:

Kristen Dixon said...

I think you have an excellent idea running there... And also, with the fact that your trying to get published, it can also be how hard or easy it is to become an author? If that makes any sense...

Like I said before, you can also try reading it to a group of small children... Sounds community service-ish...

I am wondering how you will make them modernized though... I am intreaged with that...

Shannon McCarthy said...

So what if you did your own photography for the story? Like, made it more of a stroy book than a novel? That way it's kind of both!