Monday, September 22, 2008

This Celtic Ring Of Inspiration is not helping

I'm not stuck but at the moment, I have like no idea what to look up. I've looked up stuff on Fairy tales and I've looked up stuff on publishing. I'm not really sure what to do now. I think I'm just anxious to actually start and not just do research. I'm not really sure.

Oh and for my explanation for my very random title; I went to the renaissance festival on Saturday and found a ring and the guy said that it was the Celtic Ring of Inspiration. There was also a little thing that described what it meant and everything and it said it was for writers and artists and stuff. So, knowing it was just folk lore, (hah, there's some irony for you,) and knowing it probably wouldn't help me or anything, I wasted $35 on it. Guess I did it because I needed something to cheer me up.

Now, back on topic. I have no idea what to do at the moment. I'm thinking I should probably look up things on editing since thats a big thing with writing a book and maybe I should find some stuff on how likely it is for a student writer to get published especially if she pulls the sympathy card of "I'm doing this for my graduation project would you pretty, pretty please publish it for me, if it's any good that is." I'm hoping it will be good. I don't know.

1 comment:

L. Savido said...

Casey,
I don't understand why you don't know what to do. This is a research-based project. So, background research is what we are doing at this point. As I mentioned to you, you should be looking at what has been written on your topic and what have others had to say about your topic. Is this a topic that needs further study? Look at the process - how are you going to proceed? Where do you need to go?
- Mrs. Savido