Friday, September 19, 2008

Getting somewhere?

So while I was looking around websites and stuff for research, and I found a site that mentioned a lady that took multiple aspects of different fairy tales and merged them all together. I'm kind of thinking I'm going to do that now because it would be a lot of fun. I'm just back to scare one about what stories will I take and put together and how am I going to put them into modern times.

Mrs. Savido told me and this isn't a direct quote cause I'm a tad forgetful, but I have to figure out how it's been done before and by who and why I want to try to modernize a fairy tale. So far I only know why I want to because,well, that's easy. I want to try to modernize a fairy tale because when you think fairy tale, you usually think knights in shining armor riding a white horse to save a princess from a witch and or dragon guarded tower right? Well, I really don't like that because not all fairy tales are like that. I want to keep the princess idea but make them modern princess. No prince needed in order to be saved. I want to keep the princes though but make them somewhat dim and maybe not as handsome. I want to change the horse to a rusty old bike that the pedals fall off of. I want it to be different. I want to change all these things but I want to keep it the same. By same, I mean that I don't want what their purposes to be changed. I still want it to have that fairy tale like feel to it.

I'm probably crazy for thinking I can do this, but I really want to try. Since I was little I loved fairy tales and since the forth grade I've been dedicated to writing. My forth grade teacher even tried to get one of my stories to an editor and published before. Mrs. Savido and Ms. Watson are both really lost on why I'm doing this project. All I can say is, I'm doing it because it's what I love. I say that I love photography but when it really comes down to it, I love writing and fairy tales much, much more. I'm a dedicated writer even if I don't finish things I start writing. I don't finish them because I get blocked but I've picked up things that I started like three years ago and started working on it again because after I reread it, I thought of more ideas to go along with it. In the long run, things get done. For this, I'm going to have to work extremely hard to keep on track. I am dedicated to this project as much as people think I'm not.

Now, after all of that babbling, I have to report that I still have only one key term but I have more sites. After I look at them some more, I'll add them to my link list.

1 comment:

Kristen Dixon said...

I HAVE FAITH IN YOU CASEY!!!!
Really though, I know you can do it...
And I like your idea of the rusty bike....
I want to read it sooo bad, but you haven't written it yet....
If it somehow goes to publishing....
I will sooooooooooo totally buy that...
Maybe a few copies at that =D